It Takes a Community ... Part 2 Coworkers

It takes a community to make a business professional, and I have been blessed in my journey with some wonderful coworkers, many who have been mentors.  I would like to recall and acknowledge a few in this segment.

When I started at Hydraulics & Pneumatics in 1977, Ned Stull was the Executive Editor of the magazine.  I was 23 at the time and Ned was at least 20 years older and an Air Force Veteran and former pilot.  At first, I was not sure how to relate to Ned but I didn't need to worry about that because he made sure that he related to me.  Over the years, we were not only colleagues but dear friends.  Over the years, I accumulatively spent hours and hours speaking with Ned one-on-one about work and about life.  Ned taught me a lot!  I even picked up many of his sayings and use them to this day.  Ned was a mentor and a great friend!

Another great friend, colleague, mentor, and coworker started at the same time that I did.  Dick Schneider and I worked together for over 25 years and he too counseled me often on all matters.  I really appreciate all the time that he took with me to offer his support.  He and Ned were widely recognized as experts in the field of fluid power.  Great friends, great influences.  We often take for granted the many positive people we have in our lives and I want to acknowledge Dick today for being a very positive influence on me.

Back in the days when we had Secretaries, Bonnie Arko was my Secretary for 25 years!  She was much more than that as Bonnie was a great friend, confidant, and a pillar of strength to many.  Before computers, Bonnie did all of the typing including letters, forms, and all correspondence.  She was such a steady influence on me and on all of our staff.  I always knew that I could run all ideas past Bonnie and get some great advice.  I thank Bonnie for all that she did for me!

Next up:  Virtual Mentors.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for reading

Another Fluid Power Resource from Fluid Power World

Closing Out