It Takes a Community ... Part 3 Virtual Mentors

I made it a point early in my selling career to get the advice of experts.  I found several authors and speakers who offered great advice to a professional salesperson/business person.  I learned a lot from Brian Tracy, Tom Hopkins, Zig Ziglar, Jim Collins, Tony D'Alexander, Marcus Buckingham, Shauna Shue, and many more.

Brian Tracy has always been my number one virtual mentor as I have read and listened to many of his books and audio programs.  He shares great advice on selling, personal development, time management, leadership and more.  I own a set of CDs that I have listened to over and over while driving my car.


I strongly recommend that you listen to and read the works of Brian as he offers great practical advice for all business people.  I actually had the privilege of meeting him at a seminar in Cleveland several years ago.  I consider him a virtual mentor.

The other virtual mentor that I would like to mention is Jim Collins.  My interest in his work all started with what I consider the best business book that I ever read/listened to and that is Good to Great.


From First Who then What, to the Hedgehog Concept, to the Flywheel this book offers great business advice from start to finish.  The Good to Great concept has carried over into several other books and I have benefitted from this series in my career.  I strongly recommend this book.

I am thankful for the advice of all of the authors and speakers I have encountered in by business career.  I invite you to find some virtual mentors too!

Next:  More about coworkers


Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for reading

Another Fluid Power Resource from Fluid Power World

Closing Out