It Takes a Community ... Part 4 More About Coworkers

Since graduating from college, I have basically worked for three companies including CRC Press for one year, Penton for 36 plus years, and WTWH Media for almost 7 years.  Many of my coworkers have been like family to me because, over the years we shared so much.  You need these kinds of people in your life and I would like to acknowledge some of them in this segment.

Even though it has been decades, one person in particular at CRC Press made quite an impression on me.  All I remember is that her name was Jan O and she ran the word processing department.  I observed and learned from her dedication to her career clearly understanding that your career is your livelihood.  I haven't spoken to her in over 40 years but Thank You Jan O!

Paul Lange and Mike Weil were two of my very best friends during my years at Penton.  We worked together on the same staff and shared hours and hours of excellent times including daily lunches.  Everyone needs great work friends like Paul and Mike.  We were able to discuss everything and anything which helps a person to understand self!  Thank you Paul and Mike, our time together remains very special to me.

Alan Hitchcox is in the Fluid Power Hall of Fame!  Deservedly so as he carried on the passion for fluid power that I witnessed from Tobi Goldoftas, Ned Stull, and Dick Schneider.  Besides being a fantastic Editor. Alan has been a great friend with whom I have spent countless hours discussing both business and personal matters.  Thank you Alan for making our time together at H&P so very special!

I have had the great pleasure of working with Mary Gannon at two companies!  Mary is a great Editor of Fluid Power World but, more importantly, a wonderful friend and a wonderful person.  My life and my career has been greatly enriched by Mary as she has taught me so much.  She taught me how to use Twitter and LinkedIn and she got me started on this blog thousands of posts ago.  An area that is a particular highlight has been our travels together to many trade shows and association meetings.  Mary is a wonderful traveling partner who, by the way, doesn't mind driving.  Thank you Mary for your many, many contributions to my professional career.  You are a very special person!

I have also had the great pleasure of working with a special friend, Virgina Goulding at two companies.  Virginia has and continues to teach me all that I can comprehend about digital media.  More importantly, she has been a loyal and great friend!  Thank you Virginia for your friendship and for sharing all that I need to know.  Thank you also for listening to all of my work-related stories.  Everyone needs someone who listens to them and Virginia is a great listener.

Whew, that is a lot, I will save more for a future post but next I will mention customer friends and mentors.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for reading

Another Fluid Power Resource from Fluid Power World

Closing Out